AFAP in partnership with the Embassy of Israel (Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone), the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (Republic of Ghana), the Israel Export Institute, the Israeli Trade and Economic Mission, and AGRA hosted the inaugural Soil Health Stakeholder Forum in Ghana on Wednesday, 2 March 2022.
The hybrid event, themed ‘Adapting to the new world of Soil Management’, highlighted the critical role of soil health in agricultural productivity, environmental impact and wellbeing of the farming community in Ghana.
The Soil Health Stakeholder Forum was officiated by the Ambassador of Israel to Ghana, H.E. Shlomit Sufa and featured a keynote address by the Minister of Food and Agriculture to Ghana, Hon. Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto Osei.
Industry experts shared best practices in improving soil health for Ghanaian farmers. Kindly click the links below to download event presentations and recordings of the meeting:
- Soil Research Institute – Presentation by Dr. Tetteh
- Why is Soil Health Such an Amorphous and Elusive Concept by Dr. Ellen Graber
- Regenerative Agriculture Efforts in the African Reality
- Groundwork BioAg – Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Fertigation in Cocoa – Aviram Tal
- Presentation by AGRA
- Presentation by AFAP
- Presentation by PFJ – Seth Osei-Akoto
- Presentation by IFDC – Dr. Atakora
- Presentation by ICL
- Presentation by Deshen
- Presentation by Compost Or