PROJECT OFFICER- RISK ANALYST MONITORING AND EVALUATION
Reports to: AFAP Director of Programs and the Head of Business and Technical Services Unit
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 2 years
Basic Function: The Project Officer – Risk Analyst/Monitoring and Evaluation position is accountable for the risk analysis and monitoring and evaluation of the project. This will include: a) conducting due diligence, risk assessment and financial analysis of SMEs who take part in the credit guarantee program; b) ensuring that the project activities are implemented as per developed M&E plan and framework, to serve the projects’ objectives, AFFMs and AFAP’s needs; and c) supporting the preparation of the requisite periodic reports on project progress and performance.
- Assess the credit guarantee facility to identify the moral hazards that may rise on the part of SMEs
- Analyze SMEs financial data to better understand potential risks, concerns and outcomes of decisions
- Aggregate financial data from multiple AFAP supported SMEs to provide a comprehensive assessment
- Create reports, summaries, presentations and process documents to display results
- Collaborate with other team members to effectively analyze and present data
- Working with M&E Specialist to develop systems and processes for gathering and storing data for future analytic projects
- Conduct research into potential SMEs and understand the risks of accepting each one
- Identify economic, financial and governing policy trends that may present a risk to the project
- Monitor internal and external data points that may affect the risk level of a decision
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Responsible for updating information in the system and compiling routine progress data from the SMEs, to include regular stock and inventory check.
- Check to ensure the compliance of the SMEs to required government regulations and recommend adjustments where need be
- Responsible for and to undertake regular visits to the field to collect and/or to verify progress and impact data, and to identify and document where adaptations might be needed
- Verifies that collected data is as per provided standard data collection tools and reporting templates to ensure consistent collection of high-quality data to support evidence-based decision making, planning, coordination and control.
- Ensures that the project activities are implemented as per developed M&E plan and framework, to serve the projects’ objectives, AFFMs and AFAP’s needs.
- Supports Country manager in developing reports as per provided templates to highlight the Impact and outcomes of the activities.
- Work with Country manager in identifying, documenting, storing and sharing lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- Reviews and verifies that document content has been coordinated, is accurate and is in compliance with established policies.
- Provides regular feedback and reports to the country manager
Desired Qualifications: 5+ years of experience. Bachelor’s degree in business and experience with risk analysis approaches and techniques. Have a thorough knowledge of and some qualifications in monitoring and evaluation. Be willing to periodically travel to customer sites.
Qualified applicants, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to support your application, to email@example.com
The closing date for submission of applications is Friday the 17th of January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.