AFAP Vacancy Announcement: Credit Guarantee Manager
CREDIT GUARANTEE MANAGER
Reports to: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â AFAP Director of Programs and the Head of Business and Technical Services Unit
Location: Â Â Â Â Â Â Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: Â Â Â Â Â Â 2 years
Basic Function:Â The Credit Guarantee Manager position is accountable for the entire credit guarantee process, including the consistent application of AFAP policies, periodic reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of maximizing fertilizer sales and minimizing bad debt losses.
- Maintain an operational structure sufficient to meet all the goals and objectives of the Credit Guarantee Program
- Properly motivate and supervise staff and consultants
- Measure program performance with appropriate metrics
- Manage relations with fertilizer suppliers
- Manage relations with wholesale and retail agrodealer networks
- Manage relations with commercial banks
- Manage relations with the AfDB Nigeria Office.
- Maintain AFAPâ€™s credit guarantee policies
- Recommend changes in credit guarantee policies when necessary
- Manage customer files
- Monitor the credit guarantee process and reporting
- Accept or reject the risk analystâ€™s recommendations
- Personally, investigate the suppliersâ€™ operations
- Visit the larger agrodealers to establish relations
- Monitor periodic guarantee credit reviews
- Monitor any defaults reported by suppliers and/or agrodealers
Desired Qualifications:Â 5+ years of experience. Bachelor’s degree in business and experience with credit systems preferred. Have a thorough knowledge of credit-related laws. Be willing to periodically travel to customer sites. Have considerable experience with agribusiness negotiations.
Supervises: Risk Analyst/M&E Officer
Qualified applicants, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to support your application, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for submission of applications is Friday the 17th of January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.