Fertilizer Value Chain â€“ Supply System Management and Servicing Farmersâ€™ Needs
The International Fertilizer Development Centre (IFDC), co-sponsored by the African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP), will conduct an international training program entitled â€œFertilizer Value Chain â€“ Supply System Management and Servicing Farmersâ€™ Needs.â€ The program aims to improve the knowledge, understanding and skills of those involved in the fertilizer value chain, in fertilizer supply management and in servicing the needs of small farmers.
The program will be held in Accra, Ghana, April 14-18, 2014. The training program, which will draw on lessons learned and best practices from IFDC and partner organizations in the world, targets mid- to senior-level officials in the public and private sector who are involved in fertilizer supply system and servicing the needs of smallholder farmers.
The five-day training program is designed to:
- Improve knowledge of the components of fertilizer markets and marketing in open and competitive markets.
- Help improve analytical, planning and decision-making abilities in relation to the management of fertilizer supply systems and fertilizer marketing.
- Allow participants to assess the status of fertilizer supply systems in Asia and Africa.
- Identify the policies, regulations and institutions needed to develop highly functioning fertilizer markets.
- Share lessons and best practices among country participants.